SafeCare believes that it has created a range of tools and instruments for data collection and analysis that will make a significant impact in the way health care is delivered in resource-restricted countries. The system allows for constant and precise monitoring of the progress of the facilities from start to finish along the path of quality improvement towards accreditation.
Tools & Software Developed
- Situational Analysis Plus (SA+) . Based on Situational Analysis COHSASA and Social Performance Questionnaire MCF. Covers relevant background information.
- SafeCare Essentials. Based on JCI's International Essentials of Health Care Quality and Patient Safety™. Assessment tool mainly used during Medical Due Diligence visits for selection of facilities.
- SafeCare Standards. Based on COHSASA Clinical Standards (ISQua accredited*), adjusted to basic healthcare providers. Tool used for (certification) assessments of Basic Healthcare providers.
- Quality Improvement Tool. Standardized recommendations are developed for each severity 4 and critical criterion of the SafeCare Standards and of all criteria of the SafeCare Essentials Toolused to develop Quality Improvement Plans as well as to monitor the realization of Quality Improvement activities.
- AfriQA – AfriDB Database and tools developed for capturing and filing assessment data and background information on facilities in programs. AfriQA is a series of tools to be used on mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets; AfriDB is the server-side database (online only)
* The SafeCare standards version 1.2 have been accredited in 2012 by the International Society for Quality in Healthcare (ISQua), the global leader in healthcare quality that “accredits the accreditors”. From February 2017, the new SafeCare standards version 3.1 have been accredited by ISQua as well.