Step 1 of 5
To determine if the healthcare organization is eligible to apply for SafeCare Accreditation, please respond to each one of the following eligibility questions
Of the 188 standards that are part of the SC accreditation set of standards, six (6) – outlined below - are good predictors of the readiness of a healthcare organization for accreditation.
Please respond to each of the following questions to help determine how close the organization is to being ready for a SafeCare Accreditation survey.
1. Is there an organization-wide quality improvement and patient safety program already
in place and active that brings the concepts of continuous improvement to every managerial and clinical process within the entire organization?
2. Are all the following World Health Organization (WHO) researched and tested
measures, currently used in the organization to improve patient safety:
3. Are clear and timely internal and external communication channels in place among
practitioners to support excellence focused care for all patients?
4. Is an organization-wide risk management plan and program in place and active?
5. Is an organization-wide infection control plan and program in place and active?
6. Are clinical practice guidelines used to standardize and reduce variation in patient care